The last two years have been a whirlwind of emotions. I experienced major depression for the first time, had some of my worst bouts of anxiety, had low-self extreme and zero energy to do a damn thing.
But it was through this growing phase I learned the need to look after yourself first. You can't expect to take care of someone else if your fuels are running low.
When I finally started doing things that nurtured my mind and my body, my world began to turn upside down. It's amazing what a good night of self-care can do. Often, when I'm running low on fuels, all it takes is a few hours out with my friends, a massage or a hot bath and a book. I always feel refreshed and energized after and ready to squash any goals I have.
I believe self-care and self-love are one and the same.
To love yourself deeply is to take care of your mind, body, and soul.
When was the last time you did something for you?
I decided to write this as an idea jar for you to refer to whenever you need some inspiration for self-care activities. I hope you enjoy these.
1. Take a walk on the beach
2. Take a hike through the mountains
3. Try a new fitness class
4. Yoga to your favorite music
6. Read a good book
7. watch a documentary
8. Girls night out
9. Cook for yourself
10. Go out and get your favorite meal. Savor it
11. Give yourself a pedicure at home
12. Paint your nails
13. Spa day out
14. Spa day in
15. Go out for a pedicure
16. Light candles and write down all the things you are grateful for.
17. Keep a gratitude journal
18. Spend time with family
19. Go shopping
20. Watch a Hallmark
21. Have a movie and popcorn marathon
22. go to an aerial yoga class
23. learn something new
24. watch a documentary
25. Drink a hot cup of coffee
26. Treat your self to Starbucks (get that sugary drink just this once- especially if it nurtures your soul)
27. Sip on your favorite tea
28. Bake a cake
29. See your favorite artist perform live
30. Watch a play at your local theatre
31. Try rock climbing
32. Visit family
33. Attend a wine and paint night, or throw one yourself and invite your friends over
34. Go on vacation
35. Take a staycation
36. Spend time exploring your city
37. Spend time in nature
38. Reconnect with an old friend
39. Plan your next week out; this can help you feel less anxious
40. Clean your house - this can be therapeutic for some and relieves stress
41. See your therapist - talking about yourself can be fun ;)
42. Take a good selfie - there is nothing wrong with thinking you're beautiful. That's called confidence
43. Start a garden - there's something therapeutic about gardening
44. That is if you can keep them alive
44. Do a social media, or, even better, an electronic detox
45. Drink a green smoothie
46. Eat more greens - good food is the best fuel for your body
47. Change up your hair
48. Do something nice for someone else
49. Cuddle with a pet
50. Roast marshmallows over a fire (outdoors, of course), stargaze, and listen to the sounds of nature
52. listen to music
53. Take a scenic drive with the windows down and the music blaring
I hope you can find some inspiration in these. If you use any, tag me on IG or send me an email and let me know! I love to hear from you.